[Geany] looking for these features

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Mar 1 21:42:29 UTC 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 14:57:55 -0600, "Jeff Pohlmeyer"
<yetanothergeek at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/1/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> > ...one problem still remains: The do-while-loop in cc_iofunc() runs
> > very often without receiving any data(msg is NULL). This slows
> > down the whole process
>
> I think the problem is because the channel really should block
> when no data is available - can you try commenting out line 1218
> in utils.c?
>
> //	g_io_channel_set_flags(ioc, G_IO_FLAG_NONBLOCK, NULL);
>
> As far as I can tell, that solves the problem without any side
> effects.
Yes and no. It solves the do-while-problem because we indeed want
blocking at this point(furthermore a sync spawn process would be even
better).

But we don't want blocking when using some build commands. If
you do for example a "Make all" and blocking is enabled, there will be
no messages in the compiler window and the whole GUI of Geany is
freezed. I'll change the code so that blocking is disabled when using
build commands and enabled when using the custom commands.

Thanks for pointing this out.