[Geany] looking for these features

John Gabriele jmg3000 at xxxxx
Fri Mar 2 18:08:27 UTC 2007

On 2/25/07, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:46:11 +0100, Enrico Tröger
> <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > > Yes, looks quite good. I think I'll add this tomorrow. Seems to be a
> > > nice feature and isn't hard to implement.
> >
> > Just for your interest: I'm about to implement this but it will still
> > take some days...so please be patient.
>
> It took some more days than expected and it wasn't that trivial ;-).
> But now it's in SVN and should work, at least a little bit.
>
> You can define several custom commands [snip]

Enrico, why limit key combos to only the first three?

As it happens, I've already got four:

1. rewrap paragraph (fmt)

2. rewrap #-commented paragraph (fmt --prefix=# --width=70)
(Note, possible bug: this one only works if I *don't* put single or
double quotes around the # symbol.)

3. my own script to create a nice comment box for various heading-type comments.

4. my own script to comment lines by just putting a '# ' at the
beginning of each line. Geany's default ``comment lines'' puts the
comment symbol right in front of the first non-whitespace character,
and I think it's less readable than a nice uniform vertical line of
comment symbols right at column 0.

So, can we have all 10 (Ctrl-1, Ctrl-2, Ctrl-3, ... Ctrl-0)? Or are
they unavailable, or maybe earmarked for some other purpose? If you're
a haggling man, how `bout 5? ;)

Thanks,
---John