[Geany] Problem compiling 0.12 with gcc 4.1.2

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at xxxxx
Mon Dec 10 01:17:38 UTC 2007

Bob Snyder wrote:
> I am running Slackware 12.0 with the stock gcc (4.1.2) and trying to
> build Geany 0.12. I get a compiler segfault from the closing brace of
> create_prefs_dialog in interface.c. this is the last line of the file.
>
> I know it's probably a compiler bug, just wondered if it's a known
> problem and if there's anything that can be done about it. I've heard
> it's not very easy to upgrade the compiler. I didn't see anything in
> Google.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob S.

Hmm. Strange. I had the same trouble with a couple of other apps and
found that after it happened once, it would work okay if I re-ran make.
I should have tried that before writing. Not sure what's going on, but
it's not nearly as big a problem now.

Bob S.