[Geany] Problem compiling 0.12 with gcc 4.1.2

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at xxxxx
Sun Dec 9 19:53:20 UTC 2007

I am running Slackware 12.0 with the stock gcc (4.1.2) and trying to
build Geany 0.12. I get a compiler segfault from the closing brace of
create_prefs_dialog in interface.c. this is the last line of the file.

I know it's probably a compiler bug, just wondered if it's a known
problem and if there's anything that can be done about it. I've heard
it's not very easy to upgrade the compiler. I didn't see anything in Google.

Thanks,

Bob S.