[Geany] Problem compiling 0.12 with gcc 4.1.2

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Dec 12 16:05:40 UTC 2007

On Sun, 09 Dec 2007 17:17:38 -0800, Bob Snyder <bob.snyder at cox.net>
wrote:

> Bob Snyder wrote:
> > I am running Slackware 12.0 with the stock gcc (4.1.2) and trying
> > to build Geany 0.12. I get a compiler segfault from the closing
> > brace of create_prefs_dialog in interface.c. this is the last line
> > of the file.
> >
> > I know it's probably a compiler bug, just wondered if it's a known
> > problem and if there's anything that can be done about it. I've
> > heard it's not very easy to upgrade the compiler. I didn't see
> > anything in Google.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob S.
>
> Hmm. Strange. I had the same trouble with a couple of other apps and
> found that after it happened once, it would work okay if I re-ran
> make. I should have tried that before writing. Not sure what's going
> on, but it's not nearly as big a problem now.
No idea what was going on but why don't you use Slackware's gcc
version? Which is probably tested to work with the system.
Anyway, I don't think this is a bug in gcc itself, more in your setup.
But again, no real idea.