[Geany] Adress bar in filebrowser plugin

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Dec 4 13:32:29 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 14:18:13 +0100, Harold Aling <h.aling at home.nl> wrote:

> Tried it and it works as expected. A few suggestions though:
> * Enable alt+backspace to delete from cursor to a slash (or backslash
> on windows?)
>
> /path/folder/dir/etc%cursor%
> [alt+backspace]
> /path/folder/dir/%cursor%
> [alt+backspace] [alt+backspace]
> /path/%cursor%
Ctrl-Backspace works and seems to be the default(GtkTextView and
GtkEntry) and is consistent with the editor widget. I don't see any need
for Alt-Backspace.

> * Suggest as you type (like in the editor)
I just added a basic autocompletion. It works only for the current
directory, it won't read into sub or top level directories.

> >> copy,
>
> This doesn't seem to work on my system. Geany and the terminal I
> started it from don't report anything... (Xfce/Thunar)
Sorry, I forgot to add some error reporting code. Added in r2087.
Remember to change the default application(nautilus) in the plugin
configuration dialog.

> I also noticed that the action always uses the selected item, instead
> of the one I right-clicked on.
Yes.

> Suggestion:
> * Enable right click->select item from list and perform action on the
> newly selected item.
Why isn't a simple left-click on an item sufficient? You want to
right-click and then click on a menu item "select item" instead of just
left-clicking on an item?

> Speaking of right clicking: It would also be useful to be able to
> focus other widgets (VTE for example) with a right click. Pasting
> something with R-Click->Paste doesn't focus the VTE, so you'll have
> to left-click it before you can execute the command you've just
> pasted...
Use the auto-focus option, can be found in the preferences dialog on the
main page.