[Geany] Adress bar in filebrowser plugin

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Sun Dec 2 13:18:13 UTC 2007

<66429a0b438b9c0b536f4c28a4af9f9e at localhost>
<d302b685d261ee06a0d46313701b2446 at localhost> <20071202115424.1ae4fae2.enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 11:54:24 +0100, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
wrote:
> [...]

Tried it and it works as expected. A few suggestions though:
* Enable alt+backspace to delete from cursor to a slash (or backslash on
windows?)

/path/folder/dir/etc%cursor%
[alt+backspace]
/path/folder/dir/%cursor%
[alt+backspace] [alt+backspace]
/path/%cursor%

* Suggest as you type (like in the editor)

>> > I have mailed this list for a feature request too some time ago:
>> > "rightclick->open in file browser". So you can rename, move, delete,
>> copy,
>> > etc your files...

This doesn't seem to work on my system. Geany and the terminal I started it
from don't report anything... (Xfce/Thunar)

I also noticed that the action always uses the selected item, instead of
the one I right-clicked on.

Suggestion:
* Enable right click->select item from list and perform action on the newly
selected item.

>> I've just thought of another feature request for the file browser...
>>
>> "Rightclick on directory -> search in files..."
> Added in SVN r2085.

See previous suggestion about right-clicking...

Speaking of right clicking: It would also be useful to be able to focus
other widgets (VTE for example) with a right click. Pasting something with
R-Click->Paste doesn't focus the VTE, so you'll have to left-click it
before you can execute the command you've just pasted...

-H-