[Geany] Adress bar in filebrowser plugin

Harold Aling h.aling at xxxxx
Tue Dec 4 14:03:58 UTC 2007

<E1Iyoi5-0000x2-LQ at zonbu.sait.intra> <20071204143229.539dc2d5.enrico.troeger at uvena.de>

On Tue, 4 Dec 2007 14:32:29 +0100, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
wrote:
>> I also noticed that the action always uses the selected item, instead
>> of the one I right-clicked on.
> Yes.
>
>> Suggestion:
>> * Enable right click->select item from list and perform action on the
>> newly selected item.
> Why isn't a simple left-click on an item sufficient? You want to
> right-click and then click on a menu item "select item" instead of just
> left-clicking on an item?

No, I'd like it if the right click action selects the item and then shows
the context actions of that item. (just like my file manager->thunar does)

[Item1] <- selected
Item2

[Item1]
Item2 <- right click

Item1
[Item2] <- selected + context menu

>> Speaking of right clicking: It would also be useful to be able to
>> focus other widgets (VTE for example) with a right click. Pasting
>> something with R-Click->Paste doesn't focus the VTE, so you'll have
>> to left-click it before you can execute the command you've just
>> pasted...
> Use the auto-focus option, can be found in the preferences dialog on the
> main page.

No-can-do. My mouse has a will of it's own sometimes and jumps to one side
of the screen, which in it's turn will focus a widget I don't want to.

When I start typing somewhere, I'd like to keep focus on that widget,
unless I manually focus something else. (with either left or right click or
a keybind)

-H-