[Geany] Compiler output interpretation - Hack patch included

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Aug 17 15:26:43 UTC 2007

On 08/15/2007 05:07:21 PM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 08/15/2007 01:42:16 PM, Jon Senior wrote:
> > It's probably the most elegant solution and if I
> > would be inclined towards a more generic regexp solution. I presume
> > that GTK+ provides such a library somewhere.
> >
> It doesn't, but we could probably use Scintilla's or Tagmanager's
> (CTags') regex engine.

I've just found that the newly-released GLib 2.14 has GRegex, but Geany
only requires 2.6.

Also, recent releases of CTags use GNU regex (which comes with recent
versions of glibc), which should be more powerful than the current
tagmanager/regex.c. Perhaps we could update to this, ensuring that it's
only built if the system's glibc doesn't have regex support.

Regards,
Nick