[Geany] plugin api

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Aug 3 15:15:06 UTC 2007

On 08/03/2007 12:18:28 AM, Jeff Pohlmeyer wrote:
> On 8/2/07, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> > > How does this look for starters:
> > >
> > > sci_end_undo_action
> > > [...]
> > > sci_find_bracematch
>
> > These look fine. I'll add a scintilla_send_message() pointer to the
> API
> > so any uncommon messages can still be sent or wrapped locally by
> the
> > plugin.

Now added. I also added filetypes, editor_info, sci_cmd() and
lookup_widget().

> OK, here is a patch that adds the functions I listed.

Thanks, applied in SVN.

> BTW, the struct sci_funcs is starting to look to me like it might be
> an
> easy place for a bug to slip in if one of the initializers somehow
> gets
> out of order - I wonder if it might be a good idea to use explicit
> (named)
> initializers here, like:
>
> static ScintillaFuncs sci_funcs = {
>   set_text: &sci_set_text,
>   find_bracematch: &sci_find_bracematch
> };

Is that standard C? I think we need to support C89 (in the past, we've
received patches to support gcc 2.x).

> +	&sci_get_tab_width,
I removed this because you can now use geany_data->editor_prefs-
>tab_width.

> +	&sci_get_readonly,
I removed this because you can use document::readonly.

Regards,
Nick