[Geany] plugin api

Jeff Pohlmeyer yetanothergeek at xxxxx
Fri Aug 3 23:08:07 UTC 2007

On 8/3/07, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > I'll add a scintilla_send_message() pointer to the API
> Now added. I also added filetypes, editor_info, sci_cmd()
> and lookup_widget().

Cool.

> > OK, here is a patch that adds the functions I listed.
> Thanks, applied in SVN.

Thank you!

> > use explicit (named) initializers...
> Is that standard C?

Good catch - trying a simple program using that style,
compiling with `gcc -pedantic' says:
# warning: obsolete use of designated initializer with ':'

I also tried the alternate syntax: struct foo {.bar=baz}
and compiling with `gcc -pedantic' says:
# warning: ISO C90 forbids specifying subobject to initialize

So I guess there's just not a portable way to do it.

> > &sci_get_tab_width,
> you can now use geany_data->editor_prefs->tab_width.

> > &sci_get_readonly,
> you can use document::readonly.

Sounds good to me...

Thanks,