[Geany] Re: Setting the language of Geany's interface

Dieter Ehlers D-Ehlers at xxxxx
Sat Apr 28 18:55:16 UTC 2007

> Did you use any package or compile geany on your own?
I compiled geany on my own.

> If yes, please have a look into your installation directory, if there
> is a file geany.mo.
No, sorry, that file does not exist.

> If you didn't use any prefix you should find them
> at /usr/local/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES
The subdirectory locale is not available in /usr/local/share. Could that be
the problem?

> > Version of gtk: gtk+2.0-2.10.3-4mdv2007.0
> > The message of locale:
> > LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_NUMERIC=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_TIME=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_COLLATE=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_MONETARY=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_MESSAGES=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_PAPER=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_NAME=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_ADDRESS=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_TELEPHONE=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_MEASUREMENT=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_IDENTIFICATION=de_DE.UTF-8
> > LC_ALL=
>
> Looks good. The locales are set correctly so I think we are looking for
> a bug.
>
> Can you please send the output geany gives, when you start it from
> console?
There is really no output to console from geany.

I didn't mention yet that a few items in the menus and in the
toolbars are in German, like "Neu" or "Speichern"
instead of "New" or "Save".
As I looked into geany.glade in the installation directory, I found out that
only the gtk-strings come in German, yet not all the other ones.