[Geany] Re: GTK-Open-Dialog (Windows)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Nov 4 20:23:57 UTC 2006

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:12:03 +0100, Francois Cami <fcami at winsoft.fr>
wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:45:39 +0200
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:13:15 +0200, Armin Fuerst
> > <afuerst at cogidata.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The new open dialog is basically fine for me, but there is one
> > > big disadvantage: the network drives appear without their name
> > > (network connection). Is it possible to show the network name
> > > additionally?
> > I don't know. This should be a GTK issue, maybe there is somewhere a
> > setting. Sorry, I think we can't change this.
> >
> > What GTK version do you use? Maybe an upgrade could help.
> >
> > By the way, new Windows build available, it's available again at
> > http://files.uvena.de/geany/geany_svn_win32.zip.
>
> Tested.
> Comments :
> 1/ the new "open" dialog window is perfect, the encoding selector is
> exactly what I needed, except it's a unsorted, see attached screenshot
> for an example. I suspect this may be GTK's fault, though.
It is sorted, but in a strange way. The list is sorted alphabetically
by the name of the encoding and the list is displayed from left to
write. So the first item is at row 0, column 0, the second at row 0,
column two and so on. Perhaps we will change this.

> 4/ however editing texts in right-to-left languages like arabic
> doesn't work. Geany seems able to add or remove characters correctly,
> but the cursor is always displayed at one end of the arabic text
> line, not where it actually is (i.e. not where text is added if the
> user starts to add text). The same behaviour exists in hebrew.
Did you try whether it works with Scite? Sorry, can't say very much
about this at the moment, never played with RTL languages.

regards,

Geany, a lightweight IDE using GTK2 - http://geany.uvena.de