[Geany] Re: GTK-Open-Dialog (Windows)

Francois Cami fcami at xxxxx
Fri Nov 3 17:12:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:45:39 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:13:15 +0200, Armin Fuerst
> <afuerst at cogidata.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > The new open dialog is basically fine for me, but there is one
> > big disadvantage: the network drives appear without their name
> > (network connection). Is it possible to show the network name
> > additionally?
> I don't know. This should be a GTK issue, maybe there is somewhere a
> setting. Sorry, I think we can't change this.
>
> What GTK version do you use? Maybe an upgrade could help.
>
> By the way, new Windows build available, it's available again at
> http://files.uvena.de/geany/geany_svn_win32.zip.

Tested.
Comments :
1/ the new "open" dialog window is perfect, the encoding selector is
exactly what I needed, except it's a unsorted, see attached screenshot
for an example. I suspect this may be GTK's fault, though.
2/ geany is able to display russian, polish, and arabic just fine
(using "Times New Roman" as editor font).
3/ editing russian and polish text works as expected (thanks !!!)
4/ however editing texts in right-to-left languages like arabic doesn't
work. Geany seems able to add or remove characters correctly, but the
cursor is always displayed at one end of the arabic text line, not
where it actually is (i.e. not where text is added if the user starts
to add text). The same behaviour exists in hebrew.

Again, many thanks for this build.

Best,

François