[Geany] Re: GTK-Open-Dialog (Windows)

Francois Cami fcami at xxxxx
Mon Nov 6 10:51:03 UTC 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 21:23:57 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 18:12:03 +0100, Francois Cami <fcami at winsoft.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > 1/ the new "open" dialog window is perfect, the encoding selector is
> > exactly what I needed, except it's a unsorted, see attached
> > screenshot for an example. I suspect this may be GTK's fault,
> > though.
> It is sorted, but in a strange way. The list is sorted alphabetically
> by the name of the encoding and the list is displayed from left to
> write. So the first item is at row 0, column 0, the second at row 0,
> column two and so on. Perhaps we will change this.

Ah, I hadn't noticed this. So it's not unsorted at all, it's not sorted
the way I expected it to be :)
Sorting by english name of encoding (for example "Western"), since this
is what is displayed first, may be better. That's what I expected (and
that's what kate does on Linux).

> > 4/ however editing texts in right-to-left languages like arabic
> > doesn't work. Geany seems able to add or remove characters
> > correctly, but the cursor is always displayed at one end of the
> > arabic text line, not where it actually is (i.e. not where text is
> > added if the user starts to add text). The same behaviour exists in
> > hebrew.
> Did you try whether it works with Scite? Sorry, can't say very much
> about this at the moment, never played with RTL languages.

Either I'm doing something wrong, or Scite cannot display Arabic (on
Windows, at least). Geany++ !

Best,

François