[Geany-Devel] Problem with pointer from API function -- solved

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Aug 27 04:39:52 UTC 2019

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 14:29, Austin Green <austin.green at orcon.net.nz> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> OK, after further research I have stumbled on the answer:
>
> As well as adding the GEANY_API_SYMBOL macro to the function definition, the function declaration in keybindings.h also needs to be moved from the
>         #ifdef GEANY_PRIVATE
> section, into the 'public' section.  Dereffing the returned pointer then works fine.
>
> I expect this is documented somewhere, though I haven't found it.

Its not documented because its private, its not for plugin use.
Things are not just randomly added to the plugin API, because then its
fixed and can't be changed inside Geany.

> Thanks to all for not responding with 'RTFM' :)

Would therefore have been a RTFC :)