[Geany-Devel] Problem with pointer from API function -- solved

Austin Green austin.green at xxxxx
Tue Aug 27 04:29:02 UTC 2019

Hi All,

OK, after further research I have stumbled on the answer:

As well as adding the GEANY_API_SYMBOL macro to the function definition, the function declaration in keybindings.h also needs to be moved from the
	#ifdef GEANY_PRIVATE
section, into the 'public' section.  Dereffing the returned pointer then works fine.

I expect this is documented somewhere, though I haven't found it.  Thanks to all for not responding with 'RTFM'.   :)

Cheers,
Austin.