[Geany-Devel] Problem with pointer from API function -- solved

Austin Green austin.green at xxxxx
Tue Aug 27 05:59:57 UTC 2019

Hi Lex,

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 14:39:52 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 14:29, Austin Green <austin.green at orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> > As well as adding the GEANY_API_SYMBOL macro to the function definition, the function declaration in keybindings.h also needs to be moved from the
> >         #ifdef GEANY_PRIVATE
> > section, into the 'public' section.  Dereffing the returned pointer then works fine.
> >
> > I expect this is documented somewhere, though I haven't found it.
>
> Its not documented because its private, its not for plugin use.
> Things are not just randomly added to the plugin API, because then its
> fixed and can't be changed inside Geany.

Presumably it _could_ be added to the API, but only by the Geany maintainers?  Who would need to have a good use case made for it.

Cheers,
Austin.