[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany GTK3 Windows binaries for testing

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Fri Mar 25 08:53:18 UTC 2016

Am 25.03.2016 um 09:43 schrieb Thomas Martitz:
> Am 23.03.2016 um 15:21 schrieb Jiří Techet:
>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Enrico Tröger
>> <enrico.troeger at uvena.de <mailto:enrico.troeger at uvena.de>> wrote:
>>
>>     Hi,
>>
>>     here are new Windows installers for testing.
>>     They are built from GIT master and this time against GTK3.
>>
>>     There are two reasons for this:
>>     - test Geany+GTK3 more on Windows
>>     - there seems to be a bug in GTK2 on Windows with that very high
>>     DPI/resolutions: on text input widgets (GTK ones and the Scintilla
>>     widget) the mouse cursor gets very tiny.
>>     This doesn't happen with GTK3.
>>     Jiří showed me the bug and he knows more about the details.
>>

>> Hi Enrico,
>>
>> nice - the mouse problem is solved in Gtk 3 for me but I think not so
>> many users have an HiDPI screen so it's not so important. And if
>> there are some more important problems with Gtk 3, better to stick
>> with Gtk 2 for now.
>>
>> Some problems I noticed with the Gtk 3 build:
>> - any file dialog like File->Open, Project->open, File->Save as etc.
>> crashes Geany on my machine
>> - there's a bit strange shadow around the tooltips - see the attached
>> screenshot
>> - the Adwaita theme is just ugly (on any platform). Is there any
>> Windows native-like theme for Gtk 3 (the one used for Gtk 2 builds is
>> pretty good in this respect).
>>

> There are a number of Windows themes here: [1]. Has anyone tried one
> of these?
>
> [1]
> http://gnome-look.org/content/search.php?xsortmode=new&search=1&type=167&user=&text=Windows+&sort=0&scorefilter=0&license=99&page=0

I just tried [2] and it it doesnt look too bad. But it's win10 style so
perhaps still alien on win7.

[2]
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Windows+10+Gtk3+%28modern+UI%29?content=174303

Best regards