[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany GTK3 Windows binaries for testing

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Fri Mar 25 08:43:47 UTC 2016

Am 23.03.2016 um 15:21 schrieb Jiří Techet:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM, Enrico Tröger
> <enrico.troeger at uvena.de <mailto:enrico.troeger at uvena.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     here are new Windows installers for testing.
>     They are built from GIT master and this time against GTK3.
>
>     There are two reasons for this:
>     - test Geany+GTK3 more on Windows
>     - there seems to be a bug in GTK2 on Windows with that very high
>     DPI/resolutions: on text input widgets (GTK ones and the Scintilla
>     widget) the mouse cursor gets very tiny.
>     This doesn't happen with GTK3.
>     Jiří showed me the bug and he knows more about the details.
>

> Hi Enrico,
>
> nice - the mouse problem is solved in Gtk 3 for me but I think not so
> many users have an HiDPI screen so it's not so important. And if there
> are some more important problems with Gtk 3, better to stick with Gtk
> 2 for now.
>
> Some problems I noticed with the Gtk 3 build:
> - any file dialog like File->Open, Project->open, File->Save as etc.
> crashes Geany on my machine
> - there's a bit strange shadow around the tooltips - see the attached
> screenshot
> - the Adwaita theme is just ugly (on any platform). Is there any
> Windows native-like theme for Gtk 3 (the one used for Gtk 2 builds is
> pretty good in this respect).

There are a number of Windows themes here: [1]. Has anyone tried one of
these?

[1]
http://gnome-look.org/content/search.php?xsortmode=new&search=1&type=167&user=&text=Windows+&sort=0&scorefilter=0&license=99&page=0

Best regards