[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany GTK3 Windows binaries for testing

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Jun 23 16:24:29 UTC 2016

Hey!

Le 23/06/2016 à 17:28, Jiří Techet a écrit :
> Hi Enrico,
>
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 2:00 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de
> <mailto:enrico.troeger at uvena.de>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     in preparation of the upcoming release, I renewed the test installers:
>
>     http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-1.28nightly20160617_setup.exe
>     http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-plugins-1.28nightly20160617_setup.exe

Nice!  Didn't test yet, but still nice.

>     There is still the ugly Adwaita theme.
>     I didn't and I won't play with themes. If someone wants a specific
>     alternative theme included and enabled and there is some general
>     agreement, I'm fine with it.

Maybe we should just wait a little further, apparently in 3.22 (?) they
work on some Windows theming and integration.

>     But I noticed a new bug:
>     with each start of Geany, the messages window will be shown a little
>     lower and at some point it is finally hidden because its position is at
>     or below the status bar.
>     No idea what is causing this, GTK3 is always surprising as it seems.

Hum, interesting, we did have such a report one day, but I never was
able to find out what was doing it.
https://sourceforge.net/p/geany/bugs/634/  But that was GTK2 and the
other direction (editor shrinking).

>     We should decide soon whether we want to use GTK2 or GTK3 based Windows
>     release binaries.
>

> I would say that if there aren't any advantages of the GTK3 build (and
> in contrary, there seem to be some issues), it's better to stick with GTK2.

Agreed, seems more reasonable to stick to something that works,
especially if GTK3 doesn't give us something important.

Cheers,
Colomban