[Geany-Devel] [Test] Geany GTK3 Windows binaries for testing

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Thu Jun 23 15:28:39 UTC 2016

Hi Enrico,

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 2:00 AM, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in preparation of the upcoming release, I renewed the test installers:
>
> http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-1.28nightly20160617_setup.exe
>
> http://download.geany.org/snapshots/geany-plugins-1.28nightly20160617_setup.exe
>
> There is still the ugly Adwaita theme.
> I didn't and I won't play with themes. If someone wants a specific
> alternative theme included and enabled and there is some general
> agreement, I'm fine with it.
>
> But I noticed a new bug:
> with each start of Geany, the messages window will be shown a little
> lower and at some point it is finally hidden because its position is at
> or below the status bar.
> No idea what is causing this, GTK3 is always surprising as it seems.
>

> We should decide soon whether we want to use GTK2 or GTK3 based Windows
> release binaries.

I would say that if there aren't any advantages of the GTK3 build (and in
contrary, there seem to be some issues), it's better to stick with GTK2.

Similarly I'll make GTK2 binaries for the macOS version for the upcoming
release too. There are still bugs in GTK3 which make the resulting binary
annoying to use (Scintilla scrollbars not updated correctly, menus
selectable by mouse only when entered from the bottom - not when the mouse
enters the menu from the top).

Cheers,

Jiri