[Geany-Devel] Plugins

Steven Blatnick steve8track at xxxxx
Thu Jul 21 16:27:05 UTC 2016

I've written some plugins that I use daily for similar purposes, but
unfortunately I still have to update them to work with the latest geany
(pull requests welcome ;-)

I have a similar quick-opener
<https://github.com/sblatnick/geany-plugins/blob/master/quick-opener/src/quick-opener.c>
plugin, which takes 2 shortcuts, one to quickly open from the current
project tree, and another for a custom path:

To navigate within a file, I use an case-insensitive search I call
quick-search
<https://github.com/sblatnick/geany-plugins/blob/master/quick-search/src/quick-search.c>
that also highlights all matches as you type and allows keyboard
shortcuts to navigate quickly from match to match.  The search box
overlays the top left corner of the text field, so it doesn't take up
any additional space like the toolbar does:

I'd really like to see our plugins in geany-plugins, but I just haven't
gotten around to updating the plugins recently and getting them
integrated with the geany-plugins build system.  (The biggest problem
with my plugins is updating function calls that call functions that have
been restricted as not part of the plugin APIs.)

I hope this helps,

Steve