[Geany-Devel] Plugins

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu Jul 21 11:16:36 UTC 2016

Am 21.07.2016 um 12:42 schrieb Leif Persson:
> Hi
>
> I have made some plugins for Geany. They really speed up my workflow
> and hopefully anyone else will find them useful.
>
> Ctrl-Tab
> https://github.com/leifmariposa/geany-ctrl-tab-plugin
> This plugin is supposed to replace the original Ctrl+Tab dialog so it
> should be hooked up to the keybinding Ctrl-Tab. It shows a dialog with
> open files and "tool-windows". When opened the dialog will show open
> files in the order of last used. Ctrl-Tab and Ctrl-Shift-Tab and also
> arrow keys can be used to select any file or tool windows to switch to.
>
> Goto Function
> https://github.com/leifmariposa/geany-goto-function-plugin
> This plugin shows a list of all the functions of the current document
> and has a quick search text box at the top. It allows to very quickly
> jump to any function in he document even if you only remember a part
> of the functionname.
>
> Switch Document
> https://github.com/leifmariposa/geany-switch-document-plugin
> I often have many documents open and I wanted a quicker way of
> switching among them than using the document tabs or the documents
> view. This plugin lists all open documents in a dialog and it has a
> quick search text box at the top. Just write a part of the document
> name and the list is reduced. Very quick and handy!
>
> Open File
> https://github.com/leifmariposa/geany-open-file-plugin
> Shows a dialog for quickly open a file from a preconfigured location.
> The dialog has a quick search field that filters out and displays only
> the files that matches the entered search word. (It is not possible to
> open files from other location than the preconfigured locations.)
>
> I use them under both Linux and Windows.
> If anyone wants to try them out please do so and give me feedback!

Nice. I was also working on a plugin that allows to switch documents and
go to functions more quickly [1]. However, it's not released yet, as
it's part of my peasy plugin effort (peasy is a plugin that allows for
writing plugins in python and other languages, using libpeas [2]).

[1] https://github.com/kugel-/peasy/blob/master/plugins/quickswitch.py
[2] https://github.com/kugel-/peasy/

Nice to see someone who's also not fully satisfied with how quickly you
can go to functions or tabs :-)

Best regards