[Geany-Devel] Devel Digest, Vol 93, Issue 2

Per Löwgren per.lowgren at xxxxx
Tue Dec 15 12:49:45 UTC 2015

> Hi,
>
> The API has been fixed to not leak symbols, which it did for a few
> recent versions. The only functions that are public, which is how it's
> always been, are those documented in the API reference[0]. That you were
> able to compile and link against private symbols was a bug in Geany. If
> you need those functions though, they can likely be added to the public
> API with a pull request.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush
>

> [0]: http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/

Hello Matthew,

Apparently filetypes_detect_from_document isn't needed since an instance of
GeanyFiletype is a member of GeanyDocument, I just noticed, so that solved
itself.

I can probably find an alternative workaround for document_close_all, e.g.
iterate document_index(0) until it returns NULL, and call document_close;
so I think should be ok too.

The project functions however, since Djynn is meant to integrate with the
internal Geany project manager, with functions for opening and closing
projects. I believe Geany would be enhanced by the possibility for plugins
to open and close projects. When creating a Djynn-project a Geany-project
is generated automatically, and when opening and closing Djynn-projects,
the Geany-projects are opened and closed too. It's been working very well,
seamlessly and invisibly, and would be a loss if I had to cut out the
Geany-project integration.

When I began working with Djynn, I actually only wanted a tree-view of the
project files for my projects. Since I'm working on many projects I needed
quick access to files from the various projects without having to find them
with Thunar (it's my preferred file manager). Then merging projects with
Geany was the natural next step.

I'm not sure if anyone but me is really using my plugin, it's only designed
for my personal needs, but I'd really be happy if anyone else had use for
it as well.

Anyway, I'm sure document_close_all could be used by many plugins, but
filetypes_detect_from_document is not needed. The project functions would
be much appreciated. That's all on my xmas wishlist :)

Per