[Geany-Devel] Certain functions won't compile since 1.25+

Per Löwgren per.lowgren at xxxxx
Mon Dec 14 12:45:43 UTC 2015

Hi!

First and foremost, thank you for the absolutely wonderful job you're doing
with Geany!

I'm working on my plugin Djynn, which is registered as a third-party plugin
at the moment. Recently some functions won't compile, it seems since 1.25,
though I didn't have this problem a few months ago. Most compiles however,
it's only these functions I've noticed: filetypes_detect_from_document,
project_close, project_load_file, document_close_all.

All those functions generate this error: "error: implicit declaration of
function ‘...’"

This means the functions aren't somehow included with "#include
<geanyplugins.h>", though they are when I look in the headers, but I do
notice a "#ifdef GEANY_PRIVATE" wrapping these functions. So I wonder if
they are removed as available to plugins, or can I simply define
GEANY_PRIVATE? Would that cause any problems? Or is there a work around
I've missed?

I regularly read this list, it may be I've missed any updates or changes in
the API; sorry for taking up your time in case you've already declared such
changes.

Kind regards,
Per Löwgren