[Geany-Devel] [geany/geany-plugins] 73ae49: waf: Fix the checks for openpty() on FreeBSD

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Apr 16 22:57:49 UTC 2015

On 15-04-16 02:20 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 16/04/2015 23:14, Thomas Martitz a écrit :

>>> I sort of like the idea. And would agree that it might be not just
>>> useful on Windows.
>>> Thomas, can this be done in code so it could be enabled/disabled by a
>>> setting?
>>
>> Sure, but why would you disable it?
>
> Because it's damn ugly :)  (and serves absolutely no purpose -- for me)

+1, and it's also something that should be controlled by user/system
themes, not the app, IMO.

>> Is a pref necessary?
>
> Yes.

+1. If people really want it, I'd appreciate to be able to disable it.

>> And at least
>> with my splitwindow2 patch set something like this is needed to
>> determine the focused document (each notebook can have an active doc,
>> but only one of them can be focused at any time).
>
> Only if the splitwindow is actually used.  And even, underlying the tab
> might not be the best visual indicator ever, though I can't suggest
> something easy that would actually work (I'd think a better one would be
> some kind of slightly deactivated editor, but while doable it's a bit
> annoying with Scintilla).

Or maybe just a special border around the focused scintilla or nothing
at all (except the correct window title, and blinking cursor).