[Geany-Devel] Code review for feature #683

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Mar 1 11:17:23 UTC 2014

On 1 March 2014 21:28, Steven VALSESIA <steven.valsesia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody !
>
> Please, take a look to my patch concerning the feature request #683.

Couple of quick comments:

1. is it necessary to remove the reference to gthread-2.0 in the
makefile for your changes? If not then make that a separate change
with its justification. Never hide unrelated changes inside other
changes.

2. Since you have added a preference setting it needs to be documented.

> Let me know if you see how I can improve my code :)

PS now you are getting the hang of git you can try making the changes
in a branch and making a pull request on github, they have reasonable
(though not brilliant) documentation of the process and it makes it
easier for you to publish your changes and request they be checked and
pulled into the master repository.  And as Colomban said on IRC, don't
worry, you can't commit anything to the master repository, only to
your own stuff, even on github :)