[Geany-Devel] Drop GtkStock and use symbolic icons

Yosef Or Boczko yoseforb at xxxxx
Fri Oct 11 00:19:42 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 2:54 AM, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 13-10-10 04:24 PM, Yosef Or Boczko wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I think is good idea to make the UI more clean
>> and modern.
>>
>> For this we need to port the images in the toolbar
>> to symbol icons.
>>
>> Also, in GNOME 3.10 the Stock items is drop [1],
>

> SOOOOO stupid... as you can tell by my rants, and other peoples comments on
> that thread :)

Thanks, I stupid :-)

>> and UI with Stock is look outdated.
>>

> How does it look outdated? It depends which icon theme you have. If you mean
> showing icons in menus and on buttons, which personally I very much like,
> there is (or was, if GNOME guys didn't drop it) a global preference to turn
> this on/off for yourself.

In GTK+ 2 was Stock item for icons in certain quality, and today, in 2013,
have a SVG icons, is better.
As I sad, also to the symbolic icons have a themes.

>> I attachad a patch and screenshot (with GTK+ 3.11.0, from git).
>>

> I don't see any difference in the screenshot, except different icons from
> the theme I use.

This not a different icons - it different a kind of icons.