[Geany-Devel] Idea: use function keys as modifiers?

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Wed May 29 17:21:41 UTC 2013

On Tue, 28 May 2013 15:04:27 -0700 (PDT)
Thrawn <shell_layer-geany at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Is it possible to enable the use of the function keys, F1-F12, as modifier keys?

It can be done under X11 with a custom key map, but Fx will become a
modifier for all programs...

> I love Geany's custom keybindings, but I'm running out of intuitive options, especially with multiple plugins and multiple custom Lua scripts. Using the function keys as extra modifiers would help a lot.

Have you used all <windows> key combinations? They are be available as
<Super>+x under most WM-s...

--
E-gards: Jimmy