[Geany-Devel] Adding a plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Jun 9 08:46:09 UTC 2013

On 13-06-08 02:54 AM, Roger Booth wrote:
> [...]

> One thing I could ask for is a reference in the docs to where I can find
> the correspondence between api and abi. Maybe thats the wrong question,
> but anyway, how do i know which abi version I need? This is in regards
> to PLUGIN_VERSION_CHECK(xxx)

As mentioned in other replies, there's the wiki page that maps API, ABI
and other versions into a simple table.

IMO, plugin authors shouldn't have to bother with ABI numbers at all and
API numbers should be transparent. If I want to write a plugin, I would
like to have some boilerplate like:

     #include <geanyplugins.h>

     GEANY_PLUGIN_REGISTER(1, 24, 0, /* min supported geany version */
                           "Hello World",
                           "0.01",
                           "Another hello world",
                           "You <you at yourdomain.org>");