[Geany-devel] Squiggle pixmap

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Sep 5 04:47:06 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Colomban has now kindly imported the latest Scintilla into HEAD.  It
includes Matthews alternative squiggle indicator.  This improves the
performance when a significant amount of squiggly underlining is
present (think C++ compiles, when spell check doesn't like your words
etc).

I was going to make an option to select which indicator to use, but
after some thought I believe its better to simply switch to always
using the alternative because:

1. at least on Linux it looks as good as the original, this needs to
be checked on other platforms

2. reduces the incidence of performance complaints due to this
problem, so we don't have grumpy users in the first place, and don't
have to guide them through editing the setting where ever it is
located (filetypes.common probably with all the marker settings)

Note that as this should not be a commonly used setting, there is no
need for a GUI setting, or if it turns out to be common, that just
supports my argument to use it all the time.

If no one has any substantive issues in the meantime I'll commit the
attached patch in a couple of weeks.