[Geany-devel] Request: multithreaded tag generation?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jan 3 11:56:48 UTC 2012

Hi Harold,

[...]

> I understand the reason, but what I don't understand is how to "port"
> my old theme settings to the new system.
>
> Copying filetypes.php to ~/.config/geany/filedefs and editing
> [styling] does not work and I can't seem to find any documentation on
> how to fix this. 'geany-dark-scheme' seems to be abandoned as the last
> release was in March 2010...
>

> Any pointers on how I can re-enable my scheme for .php files?

Sorry I'm not a theme expert, maybe one of the experts can advise.

[...]

> Tag generation is the only reason I (have to) use a project plugin.

Sounds like a rock and a hard place :)

Possibly the plugins or tags system itself could use some sort of
cache so unchanged files didn't need re-parsing, just loading.  That
would "probably" be easier than trying to run tags in separate threads
and so on, after all you still wouldn't have full functionality for 8
minutes until the tags are generated (probably longer due to the
inevitable threading overheads).