[Geany-devel] Some obsolete(?) bug reports

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Fri Feb 17 17:42:26 UTC 2012

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:14:19 -0800
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> > 3. "geany xyz.txt" does not load files from session - ID: 2838686 [3]
> >
> > Here it wasn't decided whether of not Geany should restore session.  I
> > suggest we discuss this question and finally either fix the bug or mark
> > it as WONTFIX.
> >

> I don't often use Geany for opening files from the command line and
> usually I always have a Geany window open so if I do, it's not an issue,
> so I can't really provide a worthwhile opinion here.

As the bug report states, opening a file _with your file manager_ or
CLI loses the last [default] session [if no geany is running]. The
complaints we usually got were "I double-clicked foo.c and lost my
session", to which we usually replied "use projects". So this affects
the GUI, even more than CLI.

Why not have a vote and finally implement or wontfix it? I volunteer to
write the preference, as a graphical or vaiouus preference, if we decide
"aye".

--
E-gards: Jimmy