[Geany-devel] Some obsolete(?) bug reports

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Tue Feb 14 19:47:17 UTC 2012

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 17:14:19 -0800
Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:

> On 02/11/2012 11:18 PM, Eugene Arshinov wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Sorry for bothering you so much.  When I looked for existing bug
> > reports related to changing document's filetype to "None", I found a
> > couple of reports that seems obsolete.  Maybe some of the developers
> > could spend some time to review them and mark them as CLOSED or
> > whatever is applicable.
> >

> > 1. Incorrect indentation guides - ID: 2637071 [1]
> >
> > I opened the attached document and did not see any issues with
> > indentation guides.  I could miss something because I rarely use the
> > guies, but...  Maybe it was already fixed in Scintilla?
> >
> > Enrico replied to this report in 2009.
> >

> I think this bug is still present if I understand it correctly. The
> attached file causes indentation guides to be shown on the blank line
> that has no indentation at all.

Seems that I misunderstood the problem.  Let's leave the report open.

> > 2. Command line option to bring Geany to front - ID: 2276179 [2]
> >
> > Seems that some actions were performed to fix the bug, but the
> > report's author didn't have time to check it.  Maybe, as a long
> > time has passed since 2009, the bug report can be closed?  BTW,
> > what is described in the report, works fine for me (Geany is
> > brought to front).
> >
> > Enrico replied to this report in 2009, too.
> >

> Just closed this one.

Thanks :)

> > 3. "geany xyz.txt" does not load files from session - ID: 2838686
> > [3]
> >
> > Here it wasn't decided whether of not Geany should restore
> > session.  I suggest we discuss this question and finally either fix
> > the bug or mark it as WONTFIX.
> >
> > A long time ago I added to the Preferences dialog a checkbox that
> > controlled the behaviour.  This was done in the sm branch.  If it's
> > decided that a graphical preference is needed, I can extract code
> > from there and make a pull request.
> >
> > However, currently I think that a hidden pref for that is better.
> > Your opinions?
> >

> I don't often use Geany for opening files from the command line and
> usually I always have a Geany window open so if I do, it's not an
> issue, so I can't really provide a worthwhile opinion here.

It's same with me, actually :)  But still it would be good to make a
decision about the bug report.