[Geany-devel] question, webhelper plugin on windows xp

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Oct 20 21:17:52 UTC 2011

Le 20/10/2011 22:18, Jérôme Andanson a écrit :

> Hi all,

Hi Jérôme,

> I  not see information about webhelper plugin compatibility on the
> geany-plugin website.
> There is a part about requirements :
> This plugin requires GTK+ (>= 2.16), GLib (>= 2.16), GIO (>= 2.18),
> GdkPixbuf (>= 2.0), WebKitGTK (>= 1.1.18), and obviously Geany (>= 0.20)
> but i dont' know how i have to do or if it's possible on windows.
>
> So please where can i find information for using this plugin in windows
> XP environement ?

I never tried to build it on Windows, but in theory it should work just
fine as long as WebKitGTK is ported to window (and it is, AFAIK).

I can't really tell you how to setup the development environment on
Windows to build this because I'm far from being comfortable on Windows
building, and because I don't really have any Windows machine at hand,
but I guess that when the GTK environment is set up (not *that* hard, I
did it hum... twice) it's fairly easy to get WebKitGTK too, and then
build the plugin using Waf (Autotools under Windows aren't that usable).

Maybe Enrico or Matthew could help on setting up Windows environment?

> Another question will be is it possible to have two times the
> plugin,like two tab ? (two can be>2 but 2 is good)

It's not possible ATM, but maybe it could be implemented -- though I'm
not quite sure what's the point: WebHelper is not meant to be a "real"
browser.

Regards,
Colomban