[Geany-devel] GTK+ Version Bump to 2.18

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Oct 17 21:56:43 UTC 2011

On 11-10-17 09:22 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:

> I'm not against any GTK version (heh, I personally have 2.24 and 3.0
> anyway ^^), but I think we shouldn't bump for no good reason.  If we
> need a new widget, or a new feature, OK, but if it's for 1 or 2
> accessors and we anyway need some more that are only in even more recent
> versions, it seems a bit pointless to me.
>
> So 2.16 for GtkBuilder, yes.  2.18... I'm not sure, it depends on what
> is the rationale for it.

 From my own P.O.V. it's: a) 2.18 has the rest of the accessors we need
(though many also came in 2.14 & 2.16, none that we use came later than
2.18 AFAIK) and b) that the GtkInfoBar has a few uses in Geany where a
dialog is too "strong" and the statusbar is too "weak".  But it's
honestly not a huge deal, I just think if there's any chance that we'll
be bumping GTK+ to 2.18 before the next release, we should really
consider doing it ASAP.  Otherwise, 2.16 is fine if it allows us to get
GtkBuilder stuff working.