[Geany-devel] Unit tests for Geany (continued from Github)

Nathan Broadbent nathan.f77 at xxxxx
Wed Nov 30 08:55:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

Sorry about that! I won't change topic in the middle of a thread.

I've figured out why the installation documentation didn't work for
me: You pre-generate the 'configure' script and package this when you
distribute a release in a tarball, but this configure script isn't
checked into the repository.
I checked out the source-code from github, but the documentation
doesn't mention anything about running './autogen.sh' first. (Sorry, I
haven't done much C programming for a while...)

Since the project has moved to Github, more people will be getting the
source code straight from the repository. So it might be helpful to
replace " $ ./configure "  with  " $ ./autogen.sh " in the "Autotools
based build system" section of the manual
(http://www.geany.org/manual/current/#installation), and also in the
installation section of the README.

Thanks,
Nathan