[Geany-devel] Git Switch (again)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 8 15:34:59 UTC 2011

On Sun, 1 May 2011 17:53:21 +0200, Jiří wrote:

>2011/4/30 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:

>>>Sourceforge SVN seems to be limited to just the four hook scripts
>>>they provide, and non of them do this :-(
>>
>> But we have git.geany.org.
>> The mirror GIT repositories are synced from SVN and the sync is
>> triggered by commit mails.
>>
>> So, we do have a kind of our own commit hook, from SVN as well as
>> from GIT. I just don't know what I should do in the hook :).
>
>Hi Enrico,
>
>in principle you have to put something like
>
>git push --mirror your_github_repository
>
>under .git/hooks/post-receive (in the local geany repository). When
>creating the github repository, you should create a new public/private
>key pair and make sure that the keys are available for the user who
>runs the git command. If you have multiple keys or there are several
>users, you may use this technique:

Thanks for the information.
However, this sounds like more work than I can effort to do. I just
don't want to start with this and then it delays to ever like many
other things I started (shame on me, but working on it :D).

If anyone has time to write such a script, I'd be happy to include it
as a hook script.
Btw, we already have a GIT mirror at repo.or.cz:
http://repo.or.cz/w/geany-mirror.git
Not sure if that helps anything.

To the general GIT discussion:
I don't mind whether we switch or not. It is at least initially a lot of
work for the change but that might be worth in the long run, I can't
judge this.
If Nick, Frank and Colomban want to, then let's go. I won't vote
for or against it.