[Geany-devel] Git Switch (again)

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun May 1 15:53:21 UTC 2011

2011/4/30 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:34:51 +1000, Lex wrote:

>>> Sure.
>>> Does anyone know how to do this?
>>> Adding a hook script to "forward" the commits wouldn't be a problem,
>>> I just don't know how to do this.
>>
>>Sourceforge SVN seems to be limited to just the four hook scripts they
>>provide, and non of them do this :-(
>
> But we have git.geany.org.
> The mirror GIT repositories are synced from SVN and the sync is
> triggered by commit mails.
>
> So, we do have a kind of our own commit hook, from SVN as well as from
> GIT. I just don't know what I should do in the hook :).

Hi Enrico,

in principle you have to put something like

git push --mirror your_github_repository

under .git/hooks/post-receive (in the local geany repository). When
creating the github repository, you should create a new public/private
key pair and make sure that the keys are available for the user who
runs the git command. If you have multiple keys or there are several
users, you may use this technique:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3496037/how-to-specify-which-ssh-key-to-use-within-git-for-git-push-in-order-to-have-gito

(Disclaimer: I've never used it myself so I can only hope this works.)

Jiri