[Geany-devel] Git Switch (again)

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Mon May 9 17:44:15 UTC 2011

2011/5/8 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
>>Hi Enrico,
>>
>>in principle you have to put something like
>>
>>git push --mirror your_github_repository
>>
>>under .git/hooks/post-receive (in the local geany repository). When
>>creating the github repository, you should create a new public/private
>>key pair and make sure that the keys are available for the user who
>>runs the git command. If you have multiple keys or there are several
>>users, you may use this technique:
>
> Thanks for the information.
> However, this sounds like more work than I can effort to do. I just
> don't want to start with this and then it delays to ever like many
> other things I started (shame on me, but working on it :D).

I can set up a repository at GitHub, test everything and describe what
needs to be done in greater detail. But I'll do it only if the
decision is _not_ to switch to git as a primary VCS for Geany in which
case this work wouldn't be necessary.

> If anyone has time to write such a script, I'd be happy to include it
> as a hook script.
> Btw, we already have a GIT mirror at repo.or.cz:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/geany-mirror.git
> Not sure if that helps anything.

Oh, I didn't know about it. How do you push commits there? It should
be about the same for GitHub as well.

Cheers,

Jiri