[Geany-devel] Git Switch (again)

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sun May 1 21:46:25 UTC 2011

Am 30.04.2011 11:48, schrieb Matthew Brush:

> I think the more important part is, are the core developers going to
> accept pull/merge requests on github/gitorious, apply commits/patches
> from there, etc.?  If it's only going to be another read-only git
> mirror, it's kind of pointless.  I don't mean to say that it's a bad
> idea to have the "official Geany source" available on various projects
> sites to fork/hack on and stuff, just that it doesn't address the
> problem being discussed at all.

I agree it's not as useful, but I disagree that it'd be pointless. We
can still benefit from the "social coding" aspects of github, including
but not limited to an overview over the forks, pull requests between
forks. I would greatly love to see that, as I'm subscribed to a number
forks by now :)

BTW: is there some possibility to have an svn mirror of a git repo.
Perhaps if you have admin access to the bare svn repo?

Best regards.