[Geany-devel] Some C Tags

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jan 20 20:07:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 21:30:35 +0100, Frank wrote:

>On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:05:07 +0100
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> >I've also edited the extra-page at
>> >http://www.geany.org/Download/Extras#tags as it appears to me that I
>> >doesn't make big sense to maintain another list of available tag
>> >files beside the directory listing.
>>
>> To be honest, I'd prefer the previous list as it was more obvious on
>> the wiki page which tags files exist, without the need to click
>> another link to get a directory listing.
>
>The status before was that you were lead to the directory listing. No
>direct linkage.

Yes, but the available tags files were listed on the Wiki page which
makes them more attractive and more eye-catching. IMO.

>> Imagine you are a Drupal
>> developer and have no idea what tags files for Geany are and you
>> quickly read the section about tags and don't matter on it as you are
>> not sure what's it about.
>> In contrary, with the list of available
>> tags, you can quickly see there is something available for the
>> language/project you are working in and so you get way more attracted
>> to it.
>
>The naming of the file should reflect this. E.g. the drupal tags are
>called drupal.php.tags. Ok, here might be a version number missing for
>API, but however, ppl now these are the drupal tags so IÄm afraid I

Ok, then we don't agree :).

>> Additionally, the previous list on the wiki page contained also a bit
>> more detailed information about the contents of the various tags
>> files and especially the credits.
>
>See above. I also can agree on the point of credits. As these can be
>also added to file I cannot agree with the point to maintain another

For those tags files I uploaded, I added the credits also into the tags
files itself as a comment. Though, I still think it's important to have
this information on the wiki page as well.

I don't see your strong opinion against "maintaining" this list on the
wiki. It's not that this list updates twice a day, rather once a month.
And so the overall maintenance is quite small and you are not the only
one who does it.