[Geany-devel] Some C Tags

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Jan 19 20:30:35 UTC 2011

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:05:07 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >I've also edited the extra-page at
> >http://www.geany.org/Download/Extras#tags as it appears to me that I
> >doesn't make big sense to maintain another list of available tag
> >files beside the directory listing.
>
> To be honest, I'd prefer the previous list as it was more obvious on
> the wiki page which tags files exist, without the need to click
> another link to get a directory listing.

The status before was that you were lead to the directory listing. No
direct linkage.

> Imagine you are a Drupal
> developer and have no idea what tags files for Geany are and you
> quickly read the section about tags and don't matter on it as you are
> not sure what's it about.
> In contrary, with the list of available
> tags, you can quickly see there is something available for the
> language/project you are working in and so you get way more attracted
> to it.

The naming of the file should reflect this. E.g. the drupal tags are
called drupal.php.tags. Ok, here might be a version number missing for
API, but however, ppl now these are the drupal tags so IÄm afraid I
cannot agree with you here.

> Additionally, the previous list on the wiki page contained also a bit
> more detailed information about the contents of the various tags files
> and especially the credits.

See above. I also can agree on the point of credits. As these can be
also added to file I cannot agree with the point to maintain another
list.

Cheers,
Frank
--