[Geany-devel] Default search behavior is irritating

Nathan Broadbent nathan.f77 at xxxxx
Sun Dec 4 19:21:45 UTC 2011

> ("close dialog" currently only closes the dialog for "find all" style
> options)

This is true. However, if you look at the "Add wrapped search" [1]
feature request (which is still open), Nick Treleaven
and Enrico Tröger had a conversation about changing this back in 2009:

2009-10-14 05:49:13 ntrel: I suppose we could make the option 'Always
wrap' and then change the dialog 'close' checkbox to apply to all
actions. Sound OK Enrico?

2009-10-21 10:30:46 eht16: Nick, yes, sounds good.

> Hum, you mean displaying the "wrap search" prefs from the pref dialog in
> the find dialog too?  Why not, but I'm afraid it'd make the dialog less
> readable for not much benefit.

Well, if the "Close dialog" checkbox did apply to all actions, and the
"wrap search" checkbox was also on the Find dialog, then both of those
settings wouldn't need to be in Preferences any more.. Because they
would always be configurable on the Find dialog.

I'm a bit tired of the debate though, so I'm happy to just apply
Dimitar's patch and close all of these feature request tickets :)

Regards,
Nathan

[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2877992&group_id=153444&atid=787794