[Geany-devel] Default search behavior is irritating

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sun Dec 4 18:45:54 UTC 2011

Le 04/12/2011 01:36, Nathan Broadbent a écrit :

>>> And that'll irritate anyone who prefers not to wrap, and has to uncheck
>>> 'Wrap search' any time (s)he starts Geany.
>>
>> Yep, that's a default value that will probably please 50% users and
>> annoy the other 50%.  A pref's good, but changing the default doesn't
>> make much sense if you ain't got no well-done statistics about most
>> spread user opinion.
>
> The reason I thought of putting the 'wrap search' checkbox on the Find
> dialog, is that the 'close dialog' checkbox does remember it's state
> after closing and restarting Geany. So a user would only ever need to
> change it once.

("close dialog" currently only closes the dialog for "find all" style
options)

Hum, you mean displaying the "wrap search" prefs from the pref dialog in
the find dialog too?  Why not, but I'm afraid it'd make the dialog less
readable for not much benefit.

Regards,
Colomban