[Geany-devel] scintilla rectangle selection change & 0.20 release

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Nov 22 17:20:55 UTC 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:03:46 +0000
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > >possible to apply a small (7 lines) change from scintilla r3465, which
> > >speeds up the rectangular selection about 20 times? It's perfectly
> > >compatible with our revision.
> >
> > Depends on we update Scintilla soon :).
>
> I would prefer not to include this in the 0.20 release, just in case it
> introduced bugs. I haven't noticed rectangular selection speed being an
> issue personally.

That's for large rectangle selections. With 20 000 lines, any selection
key takes 10 seconds. With r3465, the delay goes down to < 0.4 seconds.

I'm 99.9% sure the patch doesn't introduce bugs, but since 0.20 is near,
your point is valid...

--
E-gards: Jimmy