[Geany-devel] scintilla rectangle selection change & 0.20 release

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Nov 22 13:03:46 UTC 2010

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 18:29:36 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >Do we plan to update scintilla anytime soon? If not, would it be
>
> Nick?
> Any release plans soon?

Yes, I think we could make the 0.20 release soon. If there are no
i18n string changes to add we could start the string freeze in a few
days maybe?

> I just updated Scintilla in my working copy, adopted the new layout:
>
> geany
>  - ...
>  - plugins
>  - scintilla
>    - gtk
>    - include
>    - lexers
>    - lexlib
>    - src
>  - src
>
> and adjusted the Waf based build system for the change.
> I didn't test it much so far but it seems fine.
>
> What next?
> Either we push into trunk and see how it works or in case we are close
> to a release, I'd push it into a branch for the curious people.

I think it would be best to put it in an 'unstable' branch. Last time
we updated Scintilla just before the 0.19 release it introduced
scrolling bugs.

> >possible to apply a small (7 lines) change from scintilla r3465, which
> >speeds up the rectangular selection about 20 times? It's perfectly
> >compatible with our revision.
>
> Depends on we update Scintilla soon :).

I would prefer not to include this in the 0.20 release, just in case it
introduced bugs. I haven't noticed rectangular selection speed being an
issue personally.

Nick