[Geany-devel] scintilla rectangle selection change & 0.20 release

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Mon Nov 22 21:03:53 UTC 2010

Am Montag, den 22.11.2010, 13:03 +0000 schrieb Nick Treleaven:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 18:29:36 +0100
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
> > >Do we plan to update scintilla anytime soon? If not, would it be
> >
> > Nick?
> > Any release plans soon?
>
> Yes, I think we could make the 0.20 release soon. If there are no
> i18n string changes to add we could start the string freeze in a few
> days maybe?
>
> > I just updated Scintilla in my working copy, adopted the new layout:
> >
> > geany
> >  - ...
> >  - plugins
> >  - scintilla
> >    - gtk
> >    - include
> >    - lexers
> >    - lexlib
> >    - src
> >  - src
> >
> > and adjusted the Waf based build system for the change.
> > I didn't test it much so far but it seems fine.
> >
> > What next?
> > Either we push into trunk and see how it works or in case we are close
> > to a release, I'd push it into a branch for the curious people.
>
> I think it would be best to put it in an 'unstable' branch. Last time
> we updated Scintilla just before the 0.19 release it introduced
> scrolling bugs.

I tend to suggest this right the "inverse way", create a stable branch
to work towards the 0.20 release and continue the "unstable" work in
trunk...

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>
http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint: A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D