[Geany-devel] multiple instance save-settings - Re: Race condition when saving geany.conf

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Sun May 30 18:43:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010 19:36:14 +0200%
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2010 22:52:49 +0400, Eugene wrote:
>

> Hey,
>
> sorry for the delay, I just don't manage to keep up with this
> stuff :(.

No problem.

> > > The historical reason for save on exit was to store window size
> > > and position and maybe other things (scribble content, maybe
> > > more). So, we still need to save on exit but maybe we can lower
> > > the amount of settings we want to save on exit, only those which
> > > are really necessary.
> > >

> > (this is also a reply to Dimitar)
> >
> > Well, then it's not a big deal to only save_dialog_prefs() after the
> > Preferences dialog is closed and save everything but dialog prefs
> > (UI prefs, session etc.) on exit. That is logical and will solve the
> > problem.
>
> Sounds ok to me. But I didn't have a look at the code to find maybe
> some potential problems with such a change.

Okay.  Just for clarity, the discussion about this topic has moved to a
new thread <http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-May/002358.html>.
Dimitar and Lex have already posted there some patches.

I've included those patches into my local SM repository.  After I finish
implementing the same behaviour for recent files and projects I'll
commit everything to my SVN branch.

Best regards,
Eugene.